Express Recipes: How to make Gobhi Keema Pakoda
It’s the perfect weather to savour Gobi ke Pakode with your favourite chutney. This is a slightly different version from the regular gobhi ke pakode, as the gobhi or cauliflower used in these pakodas are grated.
Serves 2 to 3
Time – 30 minutes
Cauliflower – 250 to 300 grams
Gram flour – 1 cup
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp
Dry fenugreek leaves – 2 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp or grate 1 inch piece
Salt – 3/4 tsp or as per taste
Green chilly – 2 (minced)
Oil – for frying pakoras
* Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and allow it to dry completely. Now grate it.
* Take gram flour in a big bowl and add water little by little to make batter with dense consistency. Whisk the batter nicely with the help of a spoon and add salt, dry fenugreek leaves, green coriander, green chilly, ginger paste and red chilly powder into it. Mix everything really well. Also add grated cauliflower in the batter.
* Preheat oil in a pan. When oil is sufficiently hot, take small amount of mixture in a spoon and place it in oil for frying. Place as many pakoras as possible in the wok for frying.
* Flip the pakoras and fry on medium-high flame until it gets golden brown in color. Likewise fry all pakoras.
* Serve steaming hot gobhi pakodas with kasundi, green coriander chutney, pudhina chutney or tomato sauce and relish eating.
* For making the batter you can also mix semolina with gram flour instead of rice flour.
* With whisking the batter rigorously, pakoras get a nice shape.